Main Page Content
Explanation of the Award
The Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Award recognizes a faculty, staff, student and alumnus who have made outstanding contributions toward advancing the goals of The College at Brockport’s inclusive mission and purpose. The award honors and celebrates individuals who have demonstrated excellence through their efforts to create greater diversity, inclusivity and equitable opportunities within The College at Brockport and the communities we serve.
In selection of the EDI Award recipients, the Selection Committee will consider creativity, innovation and creation of opportunities and access, including those that:
- Promote a welcoming and supportive college community
- Promote a diverse perspective
- Facilitate inclusion and/or access
- Develop cultural awareness and competency
- Foster intercultural communication and collaboration
- Enrich learning and facilitate critical thinking
- Advance personal and professional growth
- Build our college community members into increasingly better global citizens
Nominees must demonstrate a significant contribution toward furthering a diverse, impartial and inclusive environment at The College at Brockport, and abroad (alumnus) – aligning with the values of The College’s EDI Strategic Plan. The following considerations will be given to all nominations:
- Fosters equality of opportunity within our college community, and/or abroad (alumnus)
- Encourages diverse perspectives in our college community, and/or abroad (alumnus)
- Creates a welcoming and supportive college community climate through visibility, communication, and educational efforts
- Showcases creativity and innovation in the promotion of diversity throughout The College community, and/or abroad (alumnus)
- Demonstrates the impact and advantages of fostering inclusiveness at The College, the Brockport community and abroad (alumnus)
Applicants are permitted to self-nominate.
Nominee Categories & Eligibility Requirements
- Faculty*, including emeriti
- Staff*, including retirees
- Students**, including undergraduate and graduate
*Faculty or Staff nominations require:
- Must have completed two years full-time or part-time employment at The College at Brockport prior to nomination
- Must currently hold a position at The College at Brockport as a State (including REOC), BASC or Research employee.
**Student nominations require:
- Current, full-time enrollment status
- Completion of at least two semesters at The College at Brockport
- Be in good academic standing
***Alumnus nominations require:
- Must have obtained an official degree from The College at Brockport
- Nominator: A brief supportive statement of the individual’s accomplishments and evidence of success in equity, diversity and inclusion within the past two (2) years. The supporting statement should address the criteria for this award.
- At least two letters of support (in addition to the statement by the nominator) addressing the selection criteria for this award.
- Examples/Samples related to equity, diversity and inclusion activities.
Selection of Award Recipients
- The EDI Award selections will be based on an exemplary commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion, as expressed through research and creative programming, teaching, mentoring, or curriculum transformation, professional service, and/or a combination of achievements in these areas.
- The awards will be based on service, broadly defined, which may include service to The College at Brockport, the local community and/or abroad (alumnus).
- The awards will be based on an accumulated record of achievement in equity, diversity & inclusion, acts of services, projects, or events to build meaningful lives and vibrant communities.
The Selection Committee will review all completed nomination packets. Awards will be presented at the Annual College Recognition Dinner.
Submission Deadline: Monday, March 11, 2019 – No later than 5 pm
For additional questions or details, please contact the following:
EDI Awards Selection Committee Chair,
Ms. Victoria Elsenheimer
201 Dailey Hall
firstname.lastname@example.org or (585) 395-2309
EDI Awards Committee Member,
Ms. Janet Roy
Allen Administration Building
email@example.com or (585) 395-2267
Ms. Susan Osher,
firstname.lastname@example.org or (585) 395-2024