First Year Experience

Main Page Content

Freshman Student with books

Brockport Bound  ASC Tutoring  Student Handbook  Registration & Records  Community Read

The First Year Experience office is here to connect students with professional and social organizations across campus, so that students may get the most out of their time at Brockport. 

Career Services

Student Activities

Residential Life

Hazen Center for Integrated Care

Add/Drop Information

Within the first four weeks of the semester, fill out an Drop/Add Form, available at Registration and Records in Rakov.*

Within the first four weeks of the semester, you may DROP a course. After that point, you WITHDRAW from a course. Withdrawing shows up as a "W" on your transcript, whereas dropped courses do not appear on your transcript.

During the "Withdrawal period," you can withdraw from a course by submitting a withdrawal form to the office of Registration and Records. The course instructor's permission is not required. Check with the Financial Aid Office to determine the implications (if any) of your proposed withdrawal.

During the "Late Withdrawal period," the chairperson of the department offering the course must approve (sign) the withdrawal form. The chairperson may require that the student provide documentation of "extraordinary circumstances" as defined by policy.

 *Be careful of dropping to less than full time status (12 credits) because this may affect your financial aid. All first semester freshmen need permission from their academic advisor to make any schedule changes.

Last Updated 10/27/20

Close mobile navigation