Physics is the study of the physical properties of the universe and of the fundamental properties and interactions of matter and energy. Physics has applications in every field of pure and applied science, such as engineering, optics, materials science, space science, and medicine.
Admission to the Program
Anyone can declare this minor.
Total Number of Credits: 19
Student Learning Outcomes
- Apply the principles of Classical Mechanics in the analysis of physical problems.
- Apply the principles of Classical Electrodynamics in the analysis of physical problems.
- Apply the principles of Quantum Mechanics in the analysis of physical problems.
- Use scientific instruments to gather, analyze, and display data with the intention of identifying patterns.
- Communicate scientific concepts and the results of scientific research both orally and in writing.
- Apply conservation principles appropriately in the investigation of physical problems.