Administered by the Department of Journalism, Broadcasting and Public Relations, the courses in the Multimedia Journalism minor are designed to help students who are not majoring in Journalism and Broadcasting learn about the basics of journalism, including writing and presenting for multiple media platforms and exploring the laws and ethics guiding professional journalists. JRB courses are listed under Journalism & Broadcasting.
Admission to the Program
Any undergraduate student who is not a Journalism and Broadcasting Major can declare this minor.
Students with a minor in Multimedia Journalism must complete a total of 18 credit hours (6 courses) including 9 credit hours of Required Courses and 9 credit hours of Electives.
- JRB 224 Newswriting (every semester)
- JRB 227 Mobile Journalism (every semester; prereq. JRB 224)
- JRB 468 Media Law & Ethics (every fall; prereq. JRB 224 or JRB 243)
Electives (choose any three classes)
- JRB 322 Editorial Methods (odd years fall; preq. JRB 224)
- JRB 324 Web Writing (every semester; preq. JRB 224)
- JRB 325 Feature Writing (every spring; prereq. JRB 224)
- JRB 327 Web Publication & Design (every semester)
- JRB 361 Sports Journalism (every even year fall; prereq. JRB 224)
- JRB 366 TV News Reporting (every fall; prereq. JRB 224)