The minor in meteorology may provide an enriching curricular enhancement to students studying a related science. The minor is not restricted to science majors.
Admission to the Program
Any undergraduate student can declare this minor.
The meteorology minor requires a minimum of 18 credits.
Required Core Courses
- ESC 211 Introduction to Meteorology
- ESC 311 Synoptic Meteorology I
- 10 credits by advisement from:
- ESC 312 Synoptic Meteorology II
- ESC 313 Environmental Climatology
- ESC 314 Environmental Climatology Lab
- ESC 332 Air and Water Pollution
- ESC 390 Intermediate Meteorological Analysis
- ESC 415 Physical Meteorology
- ESC 416 Thermodynamics and the Boundary Layer
- ESC 417 Dynamic Meteorology
- ESC 420 Radar and Satellite Meteorology
- ESC 432 Tropical Meteorology
- ESC 452 Mesoscale Meteorology
- ESC 462 Hydrometeorology
- ESC 477 Storm Chasing
- ESC 490 Advanced Meteorological Analysis