The minor in geology may provide an enriching curricular enhancement to students studying a related science. The minor is not restricted to science majors.
Admission to the Program
Any undergraduate student can declare this major. Interested students are strongly encouraged to have an Earth Sciences faculty member as a minor advisor.
The geology minor requires a minimum of 18 credits.
- GEL 201 Introduction to Physical Geology
- GEL 302 Historical Geology
- 10 credits by advisement from:
- GEL 305 Paleontology and Paleoenvironments
- GEL 310 Mineralogy-Petrology I
- GEL 409 Structural Geology
- GEL 410 Mineralogy-Petrology II
- GEL 411 Stratigraphy and Sedimentology
- GEL 415 Geomorphology
- GEL 450 Low Temp Geochemistry
- GEL 460 Hydrogeology
- GEL 463 Environmental Geology
- GEL 490 Geology Field Camp (summer)
- GEL 499 Independent Study
- ESC 455 Introduction to Soils Science