The minor in military science provides theoretical and practical training in leadership and management principles and applications, basic military skills, and officer responsibilities. Students who wish to puruse governmental careers in civilian military service, homeland security, or other government service outside the military may find this minor of value.
Students who puruse a military commission will pursue the Military Sceince Minor with Commission.
Admission to the Program
Any undergraduate student can declare this minor.
The minor consists of 22 credits.
Required Courses (16 credits)
- MSC 101 Leadership and Personal Development
- MSC 102 Foundations in Leadership
- MSC 201 Innovative Tactical Leadership
- MSC 202 Leadership in Changing Environments
- MSC 310 Survey of American Military History
- HST 327 American Military Experience
Elective Courses (6 credits)
Two approved three-credit liberal arts core courses with grades of "C" or higher.