Master of Science in Education: Earth Science Education Inclusive Generalist, grades 5-12
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Content knowledge: Students will be able to understand the central concepts of their discipline.
- Pedagogical content knowledge: Students will be able to develop instructional plans and strategies, and connect them with content knowledge to enhance learning opportunities for P-12 students.
- Professional knowledge and skills: Students will be able to understand the learning needs of all students, and utilize their professional knowledge and skills, including the implementation of assessments and technology, to create effective learning experiences.
- Reflective skills: Students will be able to continuously evaluate the impact of their work with students, reflecting on their success as teachers and addressing their needs for continuing professional improvement.
- Professional dispositions: Students will practice professional ethics, including dedication, respect, intellectual integrity, positive outlook, self-awareness, and professionalism.
- Positive impact on P-12 learning: Students will be able to produce evidence that they engage students in meaningful activity that promotes the development of critical thinking, problem solving, and performance skills.