The Master of Fine Arts (MFA) in Dance
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Apply artistry and individual expressivity across a range of movement aesthetics.
- Embody physical mastery of a variety of contemporary dance idioms.
- Generate and design choreography that demonstrates a sophisticated understanding of compositional tools and aesthetic framework.
- Articulate a critical understanding of aesthetics regarding dance styles through dance making, and/or oral and written forms.
- Summarize and synthesize concepts regarding history, aesthetics, and culture of dance.
- Identify and investigate an individual research agenda in creative and/or written scholarship.
- Situate individual interests in the context of the larger dance field. 8. Exhibit appropriate professional conduct throughout choreographic process, performance, collaboration, and production.