Master of Fine Arts in Visual Studies
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Explain the major trends and tendencies in historical and contemporary media art practice in the context of the media arts and visual culture.
- Employ advanced competencies in a broad range of technical skills associated with the production of visual media.
- Articulate the creative skills and decision-making strategies involved in the independent production of artworks and the motivations and cultural consequences underlying them.
- Produce a sustained body of work requiring the technical and creative command of visual media including its preparation, sequencing, installation and public presentation.
- Use libraries, archives, and online data sources to research media and primary arts-related material to apply research creatively to their art production.
- Investigate and draw conclusions about media arts issues and to write and communicate an intelligent and informed position on the nature of art and visual culture.
- Employ professional sills and conduct in an arts organization or arts-related school or business.