Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Discuss and utilize mathematics as an intellectual discipline, including its problems, algorithms, and applications. (Traditional major and both tracks.)
- Carry out the creative and explorative processes of mathematics, including conjecture, generalization, and the construction of mathematically rigorous proofs.
- Use mathematics to model and analyze real world problems, and utilize technology as appropriate to help solve mathematical problems and judge the reasonableness of results.
- Communicate mathematics effectively.
- Actively engage with mathematics beyond the classroom.