Alcohol & Substance Abuse Studies Major (clinical)
Upon successful completion of the Alcohol and Substance Abuse Studies major, students will be able to:
- Identify the various foundations for addiction professionals.
- Perform a clinical evaluation.
- Construct a treatment plan based on client needs.
- Identify appropriate referral sources to meet client needs.
- Explain how to network with other professionals to facilitate client care.
- Practice and evaluate various counseling techniques.
- Deliver psycho-education to clients, families, or communities.
- Construct appropriate documentation for client needs.
- Identify and apply professional, ethical standards relevant to working with addicted populations.