The Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) in Studio Art
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Apply technical skills, elements of art and principles of design to achieve basic visual communication and expression in one or more media.
- Identify and holistically discuss major works of art through formal and conceptual analysis, socio-historical contextualization, and interpretation.
- Identify and demonstrate ways to utilize and apply their skills and abilities to postgraduate professional practices.
- Make viable connections between concept and form/media.
- Create works of art and/or design that respond to contemporary, relevant issues inside and/or outside of the discipline.
- Employ professional competence in the major area of specialization, including significant technical mastery; produce work and solve problems independently; and develop a coherent body of work.