Environmental Science Major
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Explain basic environmental science topics and policies, biological processes, and ecological principles.
- Design scientific studies and quantify and characterize natural phenomena using laboratory and field equipment.
- Summarize, analyze, and interpret scientific data, using relevant quantitative skills and applying major environmental concepts.
- Summarize, organize, and communicate scientific data and analyses in oral/or written formats.
- Employ decision-making and problem-solving skills, such as evaluating competing explanations or applying scientific knowledge to environmental problems.
- Develop professional skills necessary to succeed in the environmental science and ecology fields.