Graduate Dance Auditions
The audition for graduate applicants will be held on February 22 and 23, 2021.
The audition process runs over the course of two days and includes:
- Audition in modern dance-based technique class
- Solo choreography showing - approximately three minute excerpt
- Critical writing assessment session
- Group discussion with members of the graduate committee
- Interview with chair, graduate director, or program advisor
- Observe/participate in ongoing classes
- Lunch with current graduate students
- View student, faculty and/or guest artist choreography
- Facilities and campus tour
- Teaching assistantship audition for applicants selected in advance. There are a limited number of highly competitive graduate assistantships available. Be prepared to share your teaching philosophy with the faculty.
It is preferred that all auditions be done in person on the above dates. If you are unable to attend an audition in person, please call the Department of Dance at (585) 395-2153 to discuss possible alternatives. With prior permission, a video audition or a clip uploaded to a video sharing site such as Vimeo or YouTube may be accepted and must include:
- An oral self-introduction including your name, what dance program you are interested in, the reasons for your interest in The College at Brockport and a synopsis of your career goals;
- A three-five minute modern dance technique self-choreographed solo; and
any additional performance or studio work (optional)
For further information on our graduate program, contact Mariah Maloney.
MFA/MA in Dance Graduate Application
due by April 15, 2020