Steve Fellner, PhD
- (585) 395-5040
Office: 213 LAB
- PhD, Literature and Creative Writing, University of Utah, 2004
- MFA, Poetry, University of Alabama, 1999
- BA, Rhetoric, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1994
Teaching and Creative Interests
- Introduction to Composition
- Introduction to Literary Analysis
- Introduction to Creative Writing
- Fiction Workshop
- Poetry Workshop
- Non-Fiction Workshop
- Advanced Non-Fiction Workshop
- Graduate Seminar: The Literary Magazine
- Professor of Creative Writing, SUNY Brockport, Brockport, New York, Fall 2018
- Associate Professor of Creative Writing, SUNY Brockport, Brockport, New York, Fall 2010
- Assistant Professor of Creative Writing, SUNY Brockport, Brockport, New York, Fall 2004
Honors and Awards
- Memoir All Screwed Up won 2009-2010 Emerging Writers’ Fellowship from The Writer’s Center in Maryland.
- Poetry manuscript Blind Date with Cavafy won Third Annual Marsh Hawk Poetry Prize, judged by Denise Duhamel and won the 2008 Thom Gunn Gay Male Poetry Award.
- Creative Non-Fiction from Northwest Review shortlisted for 2003 Best American Non-Required Reading, edited by Dave Eggers.