- Ph.D., Indiana University, 1993
- M.A, McGill University, 1985
- Diploma in Special Education, McGill University, 1980
- BEd (Physical Education), McGill University, 1975
Area(s) of Specialty
- Teacher Education
- Adapted Physical Education
- Motor Development
Positive and proactive approaches to dealing with difficult behavior, inclusion, and
education in urban areas.
- Collier, D. (2004). Undergraduate physical education teacher preparation: what practitioners
tell us. The Physical Educator, 61(2), 102 - 112.
- James, E. & Collier, D. (2004). Establishing the preschool learning environment. Teaching Elementary Physical Education, 15(3), 38 - 39.
- Collier, D.(in press). Instructional Strategies for Adapted Physical Education. In
J.P. Winnick (Ed.) Adapted physical education and sport. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics Publishers.
- Suomi, R. & Collier, D. (accepted for publication). Effects of arthritis exercise
programs on functional fitness and perceived activities of daily living measures in
older adults with arthritis. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
- Suomi, J., Collier D. & Brown, L. (2003). Factors affecting the social experiences
of students in elementary physical education classes. Journal of Teaching in Physical Education, (22)2, 186-202