The purpose of the Public Administration Advisory Board is to ensure a relationship between the Department of Public Administration and the persons in the public, nonprofit, business, professional, and academic world it serves. The Advisory Board provides input to the Department's ongoing strategic planning process which will help to ensure that our emphases and program will be kept at the forefront of professional and technological change. The Public Administration Advisory Board reviews the program of the Department of Public Administration to highlight the strengths and recommends the ways and means that the department can improve.
- The Public Administration Advisory Board shall consist of a minimum of 15 and maximum of 25 individuals.
- The Public Administration Advisory Board shall meet at least once during each academic year.
- The Public Administration Advisory Board will be nominated by the Department of Public Administration and then selected by the Dean of the School of Professions.
- Each Public Administration Advisory Board member will serve an initial three-year term.
- The Public Administration Advisory Board will formally submit a report of each meeting to the Dean and the Department of Public Administration, and an Annual Report to the Dean, the President of The College at Brockport or the President's designate, and the Department.
The persons selected for the Board should be distinguished individuals in the professions or services who have demonstrated success within their field; currently active in their prominent positions in the public sector (which includes government, nonprofit, and private corporations), business, or the professions; policy-makers in their organizations or professions; and have distinguished themselves as individuals with vision.
In order to provide input to the Department of Public Administration's ongoing strategic planning process, the Public Administration Advisory Board will:
- Review and provide objective assessment and make recommendations about future directions to curriculum, instruction, facilities, equipment, personnel, and finances.
- Help promote good relations and good image for the Department of Public Administration with the public sector, private enterprise, and professional community.
- Help secure placement and development services for students. Help in faculty and personnel development through the establishment of exchange programs between the public sector, private enterprise, and academe.
- Help secure additional funding for the Department of Public Administration through reallocation of resources at The College at Brockport or through external grants and contracts.
- Help secure qualified personnel for full-time and part-time faculty and staff positions, and visiting professors through recommendations to search committees.