The partnership is designed to address the shortage of substitute teachers and enhance the educational and employment opportunities for College at Brockport undergraduate and graduate students. Local colleges and participating school districts are involved in a partnership that offers college students the opportunity to gain paid experience in the education field while enhancing their educational and employment opportunities throughout and following their college careers.
Participation in a range of educational opportunities benefiting aspiring teachers including, but not limited to:
- Substitute teaching, which may be eligible for credit toward professional certification requirements.
- Observing effective teachers.
- Working with students in small groups or one-on-one environments.
- Developing relationships with students, staff, and administration in a district(s).
- Participating in professional development designed specifically for this program.
- Participating in optional district professional development.
- Receiving a consistent work schedule with compensation.
- Must be enrolled in a participating college (including students not enrolled in teacher preparation programs).
- Must be available to work a set number of days per week during a typical school day.
- Complete the application to determine eligibility.
Participating School Districts
For a complete list of participating school districts, view our webpage linked below.
- Visit the Immmersion Fellows website
- Create an application and/or apply to the Teacher Immersion Fellows Program posting
- Attend the interview if offered the opportunity
- If you accept an offer to be a part of the program, you agree to:
- Commit to working a consistent schedule and willing to substitute in a variety of content areas.
- Attend an orientation and two to four professional development sessions throughout the semester.
For any questions or concerns about the program, please contact Kara Reidy-Vedder at (585) 617-2760, or at email@example.com.