Career and education options are numerous for theatre students. Graduates have successfully pursued graduate degree programs while others have gone on to rewarding careers as educators and theatre artists.
"SUNY Brockport's Department of Theatre provides a healthy balance between the practical and the theoretical; between the study and the implementation of your art in a supportive and creative environment."
Markus Lukus '94, member of the Japan-based bilingual comedy duo Black Cheese
What do Brockport Theatre Graduates do?
Alumni who graduated after 2000:
- Enrolled in Graduate Schools including: Carnegie Mellon University, University of Georgia, The University of Ohio, SUNY Albany, University of Connecticut
- Director of Production, Pilobolus Dance Company
- Assistant Technical Director at the Actors Theatre of Louisville
- Performer in Star Trek: The Experience in Las Vegas, NV
- Technical Director Slippery Rock University
- Operations Manager, Orlando Shakespeare Festival
- Member of SAG, doing part time acting and modeling in Los Angeles, CA
- Co-Founder of TYKES Theatre Company, Rochester, NY
- Free Lance Stage Manager, Los Angeles, CA
- Founder and Member of Nuts and Bolts an Improv troop in Rochester, NY
- Now on tour doing Sound with Barry Manilow
- Toured doing Sound for Prince
- Assistant Stage Manager at the Eastman Opera,Rochester, NY
- Acting TYKE'S production of Rapunzel
- Summer Internship at the Colorado Shakespeare Festival as Stage Electrician, Lighting and Sound
- As an Extra in Ocean's 12, with George Clooney filmed in Las Vegas, NV
- Written Secret Lives and Peas which is being performed as part of a Festival of One Acts for ETC, Everybody's Theatre Company Lecturer in Theatre at SUNY Albany
- Stage Manager for TYKEs Children's Theatre in Rochester, NY
- Acting in The Diary of Anne Frank at Pendragon Theatre is in Saranac Lake, NY
"At SUNY Brockport, students learn how to learn - a key element in creating a solid career in theatre. The program consistently graduates unique individuals by balancing the development of solid technique with that of natural characteristics and talents inherent in each distinct student. It is what every undergraduate program should be."
Michelle Malavet, '95, New York set designer
Alumni who Graduated before 2000:
- Attended the Actors Studio, the University of Pittsburgh, the University of Wisconsin, Roosevelt University and many others
- Broadcast/Live Audio Engineer at ABC Television
- Actors in Television, Stage and Film
- Production Manager, Ford Amphitheatre, Los Angeles, CA
- Costume Designer at New World School of The Arts Miami, FL
- Stage Electrician working on Mamma Mia at the Manually Bay Hotel in Las Vegas
- Special Effects Costumer for Cirque Du Soleil, Las Vegas
- Former Secretary for the Theatre Department at SUNY Albany
- Freelance Equity Stage Manager
- Technical Director, Dupex Cabaret, NYC
- Chair, Department of Speech and Theatre Arts and Artistic Director of the Viking Theatre Grand View College, Iowa
- Theatre Faculty at Union College, NY and Point Park College, PA
"The foundation I was able to build at Brockport has sustained me through my 30 years as a professional actor. My credits include Soldier and Robo Cop, and prime time television work in The Greatest American Hero, Hill Street Blues, Dhrama and Greg and Mad About You."
Jesse Goins, '74 professional actor
Alumni we want to hear from you! Let us know where you are and what you have been doing since you left The College at Brockport.