Festival of Ten XII
The Department of Theatre and Music Studies at SUNY Brockport is pleased to announce its 12th Biennial Festival of Ten-Minute Plays.
Brockport’s Festival of Ten began in 1999, and every two years since then audiences have enjoyed these performances consisting of 10 ten-minute plays. Our Festival of Ten has grown over the years and now has an International reputation, with playwrights from as far away as Australia. For each festival we accept 500 submissions, ultimately selecting ten to produce. Plays can be submitted beginning February 15, 2020 until April 15, 2020, or until we reach 500 submissions.
- All plays will be submitted online. Submitted plays should have the name of the playwright removed.
- Each script must have a running time of 7–14 minutes.
- Only original scripts allowed.
- Maximum of two scripts per playwright.
- Plays that have been read or performed in any manner for a paying audience prior to submission are not accepted.
- Plays written by current Brockport Department of Theatre and Music Studies faculty and staff (full and part-time) are not accepted.
- Entries will be acknowledged via email.
- Only the first 500 scripts received will be considered.
- The top ten scripts will be produced in fully realized productions as part of the SUNY Brockport’s Festival of Ten XII (February/March 2021).
- Finalists will be notified by November 30, 2020.
To submit a play click the button below. If you are submitting more than one play, please create a seperate submission for each one.
Thank you for your interest. We have received the maximum 500 submissions. Please check back with us in February of 2022 when we will be accepting submissions for Festival of Ten XIII.