Spring 2021 Sessions
For Spring 2021, all Supplemental Instruction sessions will be conducted remotely see below for further details.Close
Spring 2021 Supplemental Instruction Schedule
|Course (SI Leader)||Time & Location|
ACC 281 (Matt Moran)
|Thursdays 7 - 9 pm|
BIO 322 (Shane Walters)
|Thursdays 6 – 8 pm|
|CHM 206 (Rachel Horowitz)||Mondays 6 – 8 pm|
|MTH 111 (Melissa Browne)||Tuesdays 8 – 10 pm|
|MTH 201/221 (Stephanie Wisnowski)||
Mondays 1:30 – 2:30 pm
Tuesdays 8 - 9 pm
|PRO 258 (Melissa Browne)||Thursdays 8 – 10 pm|
How do I attend an SI session online?
For ACC 281, MTH 111/201/221, & PRO 258
Click here to join the virtual session.
For BIO 322/CHM 206
- Log in to Blackboard
- Open the BIO 322 or CHM 206 course page
- Select “Virtual Meeting Space” (or “Virtual Classroom”) from the navigation menu on the left.
- Click on the session named “Supplemental Instruction”
What is Supplemental Instruction (SI)?
Supplemental Instruction (SI) is an academic success program providing support for historically challenging classes. SI offers free weekly group study sessions outside of regularly scheduled class time focused on reinforcing course material and strengthening study skills. SI sessions are voluntary to attend and open to all students enrolled in the class. Sessions are led by either SUNY Brockport students who have excelled in the course and possess the study skills necessary for success or by a faculty member who has taught the course.
Why should I attend SI?
- Deepen your understanding of key concepts
- Study with your peers in an informal environment
- Develop skills that will help you learn more effectively and efficiently
- Explore topics further & practice new problems
- Receive immediate feedback from a trained SI Leader to help clarify confusing topics
Students who regularly attend SI typically achieve a higher course gpa than those who do not attend.
Who can benefit from SI?
Everyone! SI helps students improve comprehension of difficult concepts and explore new topics further to develop a deeper understanding.
My course is not listed, how can I get help?
If SI is not available for your course this semester, we recommend that you meet with a tutor. Check out the Math Tutoring Schedule or the Content Tutoring Schedule to see when tutoring is available for your course or to request a tutor.