Welcome to ASC Writing Tutoring
Please read the information below to determine which format of writing tutoring is best for you.
In-person Writing Tutoring: Available on a limited basisTo request an in-person writing tutoring appointment, please complete this form. An ASC Writing Tutoring staff member will review your request and schedule your in-person writing tutoring session in accordance with social distancing policy. If we are not able to accommodate your request, we will notify you and ask that you schedule a remote tutoring session on your own through EagleSUCCESS. See instructions below.
Remote Writing Tutoring: 3 Options
Please read carefully to select the option that is appropriate for you.
1. Synchronous (real time) Brockport Writing Tutoring
Synchronous remote writing tutoring is conducted through Microsoft Teams. Please review these Teams instructions prior to your appointment. If using the web app, please make sure you are using Google Chrome as your browser.
How to Schedule an Appointment
1. Click here to go to the ASC Writing Tutoring service in EagleSUCCESS.
2. Log in using your Brockport netID and password.
3. Click “Schedule Appointment” for any available tutor or click on a specific tutor’s name to make an appointment with a specific tutor.
4. Please select the course and include a brief message about the writing assignment you would like to work on with your tutor.
5. For History writing assignments, please schedule with a History Writing Tutor.
2. Synchronous (real time) STAR-NY Writing Tutoring
STAR-NY tutors are available on a first-come, first-served basis and are available
Sundays through Thursdays from 7:00-11:59 p.m.
Go to STAR-NY online tutoring, click "request a tutor" and login using your netID and password
3. Asynchronous Brockport Writing Tutoring
Asynchronous writing tutoring is reserved for distance learners and students who are not available for synchronous (real-time) tutoring. Use the Asynchronous Tutor Request Form below to submit the assignment sheet along with your outline, draft, and questions for the writing tutor. The tutor will respond to your questions, make margin comments on your outline or draft, and send your materials back to you within 5 business days. Tutors typically review 3-6 pages of text in a single asynchronous session, depending upon the specific needs you have. You may request additional asynchronous sessions for longer pieces. You may also request a synchronous (real-time) follow-up session after you have had a chance to revise in response to the tutor’s comments. Click here to request an Asynchronous Writing Tutoring Session.
Please remember that writing tutoring is an instructional process, not an editing service.