Brooke Ophardt 2017
Women and Gender Studies
Brooke is currently a graduate student at The School of Public Affairs at the University of Colorado Denver, where she is enrolled in the master of public administration program, with a concentration in gender-based violence.
- Scholars Day 2017 – Panel Contributor, Brockport, NY
- Seneca Falls Dialogues 2016 Panel Contributor, Seneca Falls, NY
- Scholars Day 2016 – Panel Contributor & Poster Presenter, Brockport, NY
- Student Union Poster Presentation, Brockport, NY
- NWSA 2015 – Panel Contributor, Milwaukee, WI
Ophardt, Brooke A.,"Body Autonomy During Pregnancy: Where Did it Go?",Dissenting Voices, Vol.5, 2016.
Ophardt, Brooke A., "Disrupting the Lean: Performing a 2016 Declaration of Sentiments", Seneca Falls Dialogues Journal, 2016.
- The College at Brockport Women’s and Gender Studies Service Award (2017)
- Iota Iota Iota Honor Society (2016)
The Women and Gender Studies program from The College at Brockport has given me the skills and ability to apply the concept of intersectionality of race, class, and gender and how it relates to victims of interpersonal violence in meaningful ways. This solid educational foundation will serve me well as I follow through with my passion to help people who face domestic violence and reproductive injustices.Brooke Ophardt