Main Page Content
College.gov was built by the U.S. Department of Education in collaboration with students. This site is intended to be the go-to source for information and resources about planning, preparing and paying for postsecondary education
Estimate your Expected Family Contribution by clicking below.
General Federal Income Tax Information
Refer to the FAFSA instructions for detailed instructions on filling out the FAFSA form or the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for complete information regarding filing your tax returns. If you have trouble accessing any of our online forms, you may contact our office for assistance at (585) 395-2501.
- Common FAFSA Errors & Federal Income Tax Tips
- Studentaid.ed.gov The U.S. Department of Education's federal student aid information website.
- Web Resources Important Web Sites for Financial Aid.
- Financial Aid Glossary Important vocabulary used in Financial Aid.
- Financial Aid Acronyms Financial Aid Terms, Abbreviations and Acronyms.
- Early Awareness - Planning for College Costs Information on New York State's 529 College Saving Program.
- Think College Early Encourages middle school students (ages 10-14) to explore higher education choices. Information on financial aid, courses students need to take to get ready for college, and more.
- Next Step An objective guide that helps high school juniors and seniors explore potential careers, research collegiate options and make educated decisions about their futures.
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Get help to make informed financial decisions about how to pay for college.