Veterans Affairs Office

The Veterans Affairs Office at The College at Brockport is located within the Financial Aid Office on the main floor of Rakov Center for Student Services, in the Division of Enrollment Management and Student Affairs.

Main Page Content

This website is designed to provide information about the veterans educational benefits available to veterans and children of veterans who plan on attending The College at Brockport. Information such as U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs programs, how to request a military transcript, grants and scholarships, and institutional benefits such as bill deferrals and parking discounts. Please scroll down for more information.

**Please Note: If you are serving in the military and plan to receive Tuition Assistance from the Army, Air Force, Coast Guard, etc., contact the education liaison at your unit for information and paperwork.**

Office Hours - Fall

Day Time
Monday 9 am - 12 pm
1:30 pm - 5 pm
Tuesday 3:30 pm - 5 pm
Wednesday 9 am - 12 pm
1:30 pm - 5 pm
Thursday 3:30 pm - 5 pm
Friday 10 am - 1 pm
1:30 pm - 5 pm

Contact Information

The College at Brockport
Veterans Affairs Office
350 New Campus Drive
Brockport, NY 14420-2937

Phone Number: (585) 395-2315
Fax Number: (585) 395-5445
Email Address:


Below are forms that our office requires you fill out prior to receiving U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs educational benefits. Each semester you will be required to submit again. If you have any questions please contact the Veterans Affairs Office.

Request to Certify VA Educational Benefits (form T13)

Veterans T13 - Fall 2018

Veterans T13 - Winter 2019

Veterans T13 - Spring 2019


US Department of Veterans' Affairs Educational Benefits

Monthly education benefits: If you've served in the military, or are the dependent of a military sevicemember, you may be eligible to receive a monthly benefit. To determine the category of benefit you are eligible for, visit the Department of Veterans Affairs website or contact our office and we will be able to assist you.
On the Department of Veterans Affairs website you can find information regarding eligibility requirements, the amount of the benefits, and other important information. To apply for these benefits we suggest you contact our office to set up an appointment or stop in during the hours listed above.

National Test Reimbursement: To apply for reimbursement for a National Test (such as: SAT, ACT, MCAT, CLEP, LSAT, GRE, GMAT, etc.) using your VA benefits, please contact our office.

Request Military Transcript

You may be able to earn credit for your military training. Click on your service component below to request a transcript.

US Air Force

US Army/US Navy/US Marine Corps/US Coast Guard

Please request the transcript(s) be sent to:

Academic Advisement Office
350 New Campus Dr.
Brockport, NY 14420

When do I apply for aid?

The recommended deadline is January 1 to file the FAFSA.

Any supplemental forms requested by our office should be submitted by February 15. Student applicants meeting this deadline should have their financial aid package prior to the admissions deposit deadline or before summer school begins. Applications or forms filed after these deadlines will continue to be processed on a first-come, first-served basis until funds are exhausted. Get information on federal financial aid consequences for non-attendance of classes.

To Do List Deadlines
Obtain FSA ID January 1
File FAFSA/Express Tap Application January 1
Submit all requested documentation to the Financial Aid Office February 15
Accept/Decline all offered awards April 1
Pre-loan Counseling/Sign Master Promissory Note for Stafford Loans July 1
Student apply for Alternative loan with co-signer or parent apply for PLUS loan and do MPN August 1

Grants and Scholarships

New York State Veterans Tuition Award

If you served in the regions below you may be eligible for the NYS Veterans Tuition Award. To find more information and to fill out the application, click on the link above. Paper applications are available in our office.

  • Indochina between Dec. 22, 1961 and May 7, 1975; or in
  • the Persian Gulf between Aug. 2, 1990 and Sept. 10, 2001; or in
  • the Persian Gulf on or after September 11, 2001; or in
  • Afghanistan during hostilities on or after Sept. 11, 2001

Troops to Teachers

If you are a veteran and plan to become a teacher, you may be eligible for some money. Click on the link above to find out more information. Scholarship Fund

This scholarship is for current and prospective ROTC program students, Active-duty military personnel with plans to attend college, honorably discharged veterans of the US military, and sons and daughters of veterans or active-duty military members.

The College at Brockport Veterans Services

Deferrals: The College at Brockport will allow you to defer all or part of your semester bill if you are receiving monthly checks. If interested, please contact the Veterans Affairs Office.

Tutoring: Free tutoring for all students is available through the Student Learning Center. The VA may also pay for individual tutoring if a veteran would benefit by this.

VA Work-Study: If interested, please see the coordinator of veterans affairs at The College at Brockport.

Parking: If you are a student who served in the armed forces during a time of war and was honorably discharged or released, you will be exempt from the parking fee at The College at Brockport. Provide our office with a copy of your DD 214 to begin the process. Please contact our office if you have any questions.

Note: You will still be required to pay the vehicle registration fee.

Students Returning to The College at Brockport: Students who have left The College at Brockport or who have deferred admission due to active military service and wish to return to the college should notify the Veterans Affairs Office.

Additional Information


Army ROTCIf you are interested in putting your military experience to work, gaining academic credit, have your tuition and fees paid, earn a $300 - $500 per monthly stipend and a commission upon graduation, contact Lt.Col. Dan Fletcher at (585) 395-5349.

Air Force ROTC: You can attend The College at Brockport and participate in AFROTC through the Rochester Institute of Technology.

Marine Corps PLC: Are you interested in becoming a Marine Corps Officer? If so, you may be interested in the Marine Corps Platoon Leadership Class. This program is for full-time undergraduate and graduate students.

College Accreditations

  • Middle States Association of College and Universities
  • State Board of Regents

Academic Program Accreditations

  • American Chemical Society (Undergraduate)
  • Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (Undergraduate, Graduate)
  • Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (Undergraduate)
  • Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (Undergraduate, Graduate)
  • Computing Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (Undergraduate)
  • Council for the Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (Graduate)
  • Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation
  • Council on Social Work Education (Graduate and Undergraduate)
  • National Association of Alcoholism and Drug Addiction Counselors (Undergraduate)
  • National Association of Schools of Dance (Graduate and Undergraduate)
  • National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration (Graduate)
  • National Association of Schools of Theatre (Undergraduate)
  • Council on Accreditation for Parks, Recreation, Tourism, and Related Professions COAPRT (Undergraduate)

Last Updated 11/12/18

Close mobile navigation