On behalf of the Office of Human Resources
As you know, New York State is in the middle of Phase 2 of its re-opening plan. While our campus is still at a reduced density, authorized personnel are beginning to return to campus with each phase. We have been hard at work, following the guidance of New York State and SUNY, developing the policies and procedures necessary to help our College community continue to combat COVID-19.
We must advise/remind you of the following:
- If you are experiencing any of these COVID-19 indicated symptoms, please stay home and avoid contact with others:cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, chills, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea.
- SUNY Brockport has not re-opened. Higher Education is in Stage Four of New York State’s re-opening plan. Per SUNY and New York State, only authorized personnel are permitted to report to campus. If you are unsure of whether or not you have authorization to be on campus, please ask your supervisor or dean. In general, faculty who are not on contract in the summer months are not authorized personnel. Should faculty return to campus for any reason, they should notify their respective dean and ensure that they have been given permission to do so and are following all necessary guidance.
- If you have been re-called to campus or have been authorized to report to campus, you must fill out a required MachForm, which will inform you of updated policies and procedures, and watch a mandatory training video prior to your next campus visit. The password to watch the video is employeesback. This video, and these procedures have been mandated by New York State and SUNY system administration and are essential for working on campus. All employees are required to take this action prior to their return. Supervisors should ensure that all student employees take these steps, as well.
- We are in the process of developing a web-based daily symptom checker that all employees will have to fill out each day — regardless of whether you’re working on or off campus. This symptom checker is mandated by New York State. We will share a link once it has been fully developed.
- In the meantime, supervisors are required to check-in with each employee who is working on campus to ensure that they are not experiencing any of the COVID-19 symptoms listed above. If they are, the employee must leave work immediately and the supervisor must contact Human Resources.
We appreciate your patience as we work through this complicated process of Bringing Brockport Back. Policies and procedures are likely to change over the next several weeks and months as new information is released from New York State, and we promise to keep you up-to-date.
Together we will continue to combat COVID-19.