Dear Brockport Community:
We have been working around the clock, in coordination with SUNY and state and local health departments, to explore options designed to protect the health and safety of the SUNY Brockport community as it relates to COVID-19. SUNY Brockport will be taking the following course of action to help achieve Governor Cuomo’s goal of reducing campus density:
Following spring break, face-to-face classes will transition to alternative delivery
formats wherever possible until further notice. We have asked all faculty to contact
students in their classes about this transition by March 12 at noon. In this communication,
faculty will either share their plans for the remainder of the semester or notify
students when those plans will be available. After reviewing the plans their faculty
have put in place, students with concerns about meeting these expectations due to
technological or other considerations should contact their instructor about making
other appropriate arrangements. We will be creating a website to serve as a resource
for students as this transition is made.
SUNY Brockport will remain open during this time and all staff will report to campus
as usual. All instructional spaces, offices, labs, and the library will remain accessible
during this time. Residence halls and dining services will also remain open throughout
the semester and students are most certainly welcome to continue with their current
housing arrangements. Residential students should notify us of their plans by March
12 at 4 pm. Non-student guests will not be permitted into residence halls for the
remainder of the semester. Further information will be sent to residential students
All SUNY Brockport-hosted events will continue as scheduled, but maximum attendance
will be limited to 100 people until further notice. Brockport Athletics and Fine Arts
events will be limited to 100 spectators.
All events hosted by an outside organization on the SUNY Brockport campus between
now and April 13 are cancelled or postponed. Should we need to modify external events
beyond April 13, a decision will be announced by March 30.
We realize this is incomplete information that will undoubtedly pose a number of logistical challenges to our community. We ask for your continued patience as we work to solidify details.