Dear Brockport Students:
We are facing unprecedented times. As our nation and state try to reduce the spread of COVID-19, we are tasked as an institution to support these efforts. Social distancing and density reduction are two effective strategies for stopping the spread of this virus. As such, we have made the difficult decision to close the residence halls and student townhomes, effective immediately.
There are very few exceptions to this decision: students already on campus who are from other countries, who may be facing homelessness, or those who have no access to technology.
You may make arrangements to check out between now and Friday, March 27, by emailing your Resident Director. Your RD will coordinate your departure time so that social distancing can be implemented during the check-out process.
Campus activities and services will be significantly curtailed next week and for the foreseeable future:
- All internal events, including sporting events and major activities, have been cancelled for the remainder of the spring semester.
- All non-essential meetings/group activities have been cancelled or moved to an online format.
- The SERC fitness center is closed for the spring semester.
- Many offices will only offer remote or online services for the remainder of the semester.
- BASC has dramatically reduced its dining services offerings. Only carry-out meals are now being served.
- Fitness centers, restaurants, movie theaters, and many other businesses in our surrounding communities are no longer open.
We regret that COVID-19 has prevented our students from enjoying the outstanding residential experience we typically offer. Please support our efforts to protect the health and safety of our entire Brockport community by making alternative housing arrangements.