Dear Brockport Community:
I hope you all are finding time to enjoy the summer months and that you are looking forward to the start of the fall semester. We expect a full and vibrant academic year, which includes a return of the traditions and events that we greatly missed a year ago.
Our campus COVID-19 guidelines for the fall semester are now available on the Bringing Brockport Back website. Please review them at your convenience. Below is an overview:
- COVID-19 vaccination is required for all residential students prior to moving in.
- COVID-19 vaccination is required for all students to participate in intercollegiate or club sports.
- COVID-19 vaccination will be required for all SUNY students once one of the vaccines have been fully approved by the Food and Drug Administration.
- Students can request a medical or religious exemption from the vaccination requirement through August 2.
- Face coverings are required for unvaccinated individuals while indoors and when outdoors and unable to social distance.
- Instructors may choose to ask all individuals, regardless of vaccination status, to wear face coverings in instructional settings.
- Upon arrival, unvaccinated students must present a negative COVID-19 test dated within five days of the first day of classes.
- All unvaccinated individuals are required to participate in weekly surveillance testing. Vaccination of employees is strongly encouraged.
Be advised that these guidelines are subject to change as we gain new information and continue to monitor infection rates on campus and in the community. The best way to ensure a semester with minimal restrictions is to get vaccinated. We plan to offer a series of vaccination clinics on campus next month; details will be shared soon. You can also easily find the vaccine near you.
I’m looking forward to seeing you all on campus soon.