We did it! We are through the worst of the pandemic and I hope you are all safely enjoying time with your family and friends. I am writing to share a few summer updates in preparation for the fall.
- Faculty and staff are hard at work ensuring that we have a successful in-person return.
- Almost 100 percent of 100 and 200 level courses will be offered in a traditional face-to-face format this fall; at least 75% of our 300 and 400 level courses will be face-to-face.
- Clubs, organizations and events will resume and/or significantly increase in-person activities and programs.
- Residential students can have on-campus guests. Sign up to live in the Student Townhomes, Eagle Hall or residence halls for next year here. Check our new room rates here.
- Increased attendance capacities are planned for the fitness center, events, etc.
If you haven’t registered for the fall semester yet, we urge you to do it as soon as possible so you can build a schedule that works for you. Contact the Academic Success Center for assistance at email@example.com. Advisors are available and ready to work with you in order to secure your fall 2021 schedule.
Governor Cuomo has announced that all SUNY students will be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 this fall. This mandate is pending full authorization of the vaccines by the Food and Drug Administration. We are also pleased to share that SUNY is not requiring fully vaccinated students to participate in weekly testing this summer. COVID-19 vaccines are now widely available and we encourage you to get vaccinated. Visit www.vaccines.gov to learn more and find a vaccination location near you.
As we look towards a more vibrant fall, we hope you have a restful and relaxing summer.
Dr. Katy Wilson