Dear Golden Eagles,
The fall semester is right around the corner, and we can’t wait to have our campus buzzing with activity and excitement again. As you prepare for classes to begin, please review this list of important information and updates:
Arrival Testing (NEW!)
As recommended by SUNY, all students – regardless of vaccination status – will participate in COVID-19 testing upon arrival to campus.
Must report to SERC for arrival testing prior to checking into their on-campus housing assignment on their assigned move-in day between 8 am and 4 pm (Thursday, 8/26 - Sunday 8/29).
Must report to Brockway Dining Hall for arrival testing on Monday, Aug. 30 (9 am – 5 pm), Tuesday, Aug. 31 (10 am – 6 pm) or Wednesday, Sept. 1 (10 am – 2 pm). Be on the lookout for additional information from our Testing Team in your Brockport email. Additional information can be found here.
...and protect each other.
Monroe County is currently in a high COVID-19 transmission zone. Therefore, we are temporarily requiring all individuals (students, employees, and visitors, regardless of vaccination status) to wear a face covering indoors while on campus.
As communicated in previous messages, students who choose to live in campus housing or participate in athletics (including club sports) must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
- SUNY Brockport is hosting on-campus vaccination clinics on August 23rd and 30th. The registration form and additional information can be found here.
- REMINDER: Students are eligible to move into their on-campus housing and participate
in their athletics programs if:
- They are fully vaccinated OR; Are in progress of being fully vaccinated (have received one dose in a two dose series and are awaiting their second dose) AND can offer proof of having a second vaccination appointment OR;
- Have registered to receive their first vaccination during our on-campus clinic OR;
- Have been approved for a medical or religious exemption by the Hazen Center.
- Upon arrival, unvaccinated students must present a negative COVID-19 test dated within five days of the first day of classes. Unvaccinated students will be required to participate in weekly testing. More information about testing requirements for vaccinated individuals will be forthcoming soon. More information, including testing hours, can be found here.
Events & Activities
Check out the schedule of Welcome Weekend Events, including a Late Night Lawn Party and Club Craze, and a number of other activities. Cheer on our Golden Eagle athletes at upcoming competitions. Visit gobrockport.com to view the schedule.
Living on campus?
Make sure to check your email about specific move-in instructions, policies and other important information.
Learn more about where to grab a bite to eat this semester.
Registration & Academic Support
If you need help registering or updating your class schedule, contact the Academic Success Center (firstname.lastname@example.org) ASAP.
Additional information about pandemic-related fall policies and procedures, including social distancing, vaccine information, testing requirements, daily symptom checking, and residential life information can be found here.
Thank you for your support as we continue to navigate the changing landscape that Covid-19 continues to present. We are confident that we can get through this together and have a vibrant, engaging and successful semester.
Dr. Katy Wilson
VP for Enrollment Management & Student Affairs