Greetings Golden Eagles,
Welcome back! Thank you all so much for your diligence these past couple weeks as we’ve worked through both pre-arrival and arrival testing. We will continue testing 100%of our faculty, staff and students who come to campus each week. PLEASE remember to make your Covid-19 testing appointment each week by Sunday night.
Not only will weekly testing help ensure a safe and successful spring semester, but we hope that it will help us create a more vibrant campus environment for all of us. The results from our arrival testing over the weekend were encouraging. As a result, we are pleased to announce that we are lowering our Brockport Covid Alert Level to Blue (intermediate) and taking the following actions:
- SERC Fitness Center will re-open on February 10th at 6am. Informal recreation activities will be provided regularly. Come take a break and play lawn games, shoot hoops and much more. Fitness Center and Informal Recreation hours can be found here.
- Group Exercise classes will be offered all semester. Check out the schedule.
- Intramurals will begin on February 22nd featuring kickball, lawn games, basketball skills challenges, video game tournaments, etc. Sign up in advance or upon arrival at the event.
- Eat-in dining will resume in our dining halls on February 10th. As was the case in the fall semester, only roommates are permitted to dine together.
- Residence Hall lounges will be re-opening on Feb. 12. To ensure social distancing, please follow posted occupancy limits in each lounge and wear face coverings.
- Get involved and attend upcoming events and activities. Check out myBrockport for clubs, organizations and upcoming events!
Dozens of staff members, Brockport Student Government and our various clubs and organizations are working hard to develop safe and engaging programming for you this semester. As the semester progresses — as long as our campus community remains vigilant by wearing face coverings, washing their hands and avoiding large gatherings — we hope to make more and more opportunities available. As a reminder, please avoid travel, especially to other campuses, whenever possible.
We’re excited to have you back on campus. And we’re eager to see what we can all accomplish this semester. Together, we can Protect the Nest.
Dr. Katy Wilson