This webpage will continue to be updated with more information and resources as it is gathered. Please visit this webpage frequently for the most up-to-date information.
Refer to the following information and resources to facilitate the development of academic continuity plans. We are working to provide additional campus-based support in the days ahead. Campus-wide communication will continue, so be sure to check your email.
- Statement from Provost & Vice President: Academic Continuity Planning Update (March 14, 2020)
- Statement from Provost & Vice President: Academic Continuity Planning Update (March 12, 2020)
- Statement from Provost & Vice President: Academic Continuity Planning Update (March 11, 2020)
- Statement from Provost & Vice President: Academic Continuity Planning Update (March 10, 2020)
- Statement from Provost & Vice President: Instructional Contingency Plans (March 9, 2020)
- Statement from SUNY Provost and Senior Vice Chancellor: Guidance and Resources for Students with Disabilities (March 18, 2020)
Week of March 16 - 20
See the schedule and register for Blackboard 101 & Consultations
How to Get Started Teaching Online
The majority of our teaching faculty are currently using Blackboard in their face-to-face courses. Others are using other online tools for information dissemination and their course activities.
- Blackboard 101 Basics - Getting Started
- All courses automatically have a Blackboard space created. You can access it using your Brockport NetID and password
“Blackboard 101 – Accelerated Online Preparation” instructional resource guide: This guide can be found in Blackboard under “My Organizations” list, and is labeled "Brockport Training".
If you're new to using Blackboard, there are substantial resources available on the campus Blackboard support page .
- Lecture capture can be used to create instruction available on demand.
Stay tuned for information regarding upcoming workshops in the coming weeks. We will be working closely with those who wish to begin utilizing online tools and need assistance.
Resources for Online Teaching During a Campus Closure
Our SUNY campuses have several resources available to assist
- Teaching during campus closure (SUNY Purchase)
- Stony Brook University: Keep Teaching (Stony Brook University)
Virtual Labs and STEM Resources
- Skills Commons – Virtual Labs
- Foundational Concepts and Techniques in Biotechnology - Harvard
- JoVE Video Articles
- PhET Interactive Simulations – University of Colorado Boulder Science simulations
- PBS SimBucket - simulations
- Simulations and Animations Resource List (CSUN)
- Keep Teaching During Prolonged Campus or Building Closures (Indiana University)
- Remote Teaching Strategies for Business Continuity (Google Sheet)
- Moving Online Now—The Chronicle of Higher Education Articles:
- Sharing Coronavirus Contingency Planning Best Practices (Blackboard Blog)
- Continuity of Education Group (Blackboard Community)
- Create Mobile-Friendly Course Content (Blackboard Help)
- Offline Content in the Blackboard App (Blackboard Help)
- Performance Optimization for Self-Hosted Clients (Blackboard Help)
- Blackboard Academy Catalog - Digital Teaching and Learning Courses for Faculty
- 30 Day Collaborate Trial Page - for individual instructors
- Collaborate Ultra Help (Blackboard Help)
- Collaborate Ultra Network Connection Management (Blackboard Help)
As all of our face-to-face courses have moved to an online environment, so must IAS student surveys this semester. And because of the timing, and the time it takes to coordinate this process, the process will be simplified this semester.
The IAS system will launch through Blackboard during the last few weeks of the semester, and all students will be receiving the F form to complete.
Faculty/Staff Support in the Academic Success Center
The Academic Success Center will remain open virtually. The physical space is closed until further notice. Please reach out to any of the staff directly or email email@example.com for general help.
- We are available to faculty via scheduled office visits phone, email, and our interactive website.
- Continue to collaborate with your students directly when implementing accommodations. If you believe that a student’s current accommodations require official adjustments to appropriately support them in the online learning environment, please contact the student directly and include SAS in your collaborative discussion.
- In person tutoring has been canceled until further notice. Tutoring will shift to online/remote tutoring only. Check ASC's Tutoring website for specifics regarding online/remote tutoring.
- As always, online tutoring is still available via STAR NY Sundays through Thursdays from 7pm-Midnight. To work with a tutor: click “request a tutor” and log in with your Brockport netID and password.
Remote Advisement Support
Faculty can utilize EagleSUCCESS to facilitate remote meetings with your students:
- Online Scheduling – Use EagleSUCCESS to schedule and manage your meetings with students.
- Online Meeting Notes – Document the outcomes of your meetings and share them with the student, advisors and your peers.
If you would like to schedule training please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. One-on-one training, department level training, and remote training are available.