As Golden Eagles, we value community, engagement, excellence, inclusivity, and transformation.
Community. This value resonates more than ever. For the first time in our history, we vacated campus last spring and had to finish a semester remotely. It was difficult. We had to adjust to a new way of learning, new methods of teaching, and challenging new work environments. And we did so in the midst of a pandemic.
Now it’s finally time to come back together. But the pandemic isn’t over. The fight to stop the spread goes on.
We must now show what the SUNY Brockport community — our students, our professors, our mentors, our colleagues, and our friends — truly means to us. And we’ll do so by keeping each other safe:
I pledge to:
1. Maintain my own Health
- Complete the Daily Symptom Checker to monitor for signs of COVID-19. Consult a medical professional if you have symptoms.
- Enjoy our community. We deserve it. But I will do so at a distance. I will stay at least six feet away from others. It’s MUCH closer than we were last spring. Help us keep it that way.
- Wash my hands frequently, using soap and water or hand sanitizer.
- Get vaccinated for the flu.
2. Protect the Health of Others
- Wear an appropriate face covering or mask unless I am alone in an office or in my bedroom.
- Stay home if I feel ill or if I’ve been exposed to someone who is ill. We’ll all be healthier for it.
- Be especially considerate of members of our community who may be at a higher risk.
- Observe and follow directives and guidance issued by the college, including instructional signs that are posted throughout campus.
Together we can keep our community safe.
Together we are the Golden Eagles.