Foundation Scholarships Applications Accepted November 15 through February 15: Quick Facts, Resources, & Promotional Materials
November 15, 2020
Please encourage students to apply for Brockport Foundation Scholarship opportunities that provide recognition and financial assistance for students. Please share this information with Brockport students and colleagues in your network.
Incoming and current undergraduate and graduate students can be considered for ~350 active scholarships from a submitted application between November 15 to February 15. For the 2021-2022 academic year, more than $500,000 will be disbursed.
Attached is a presentation geared toward a student audience providing an overview of the Foundation Scholarships process (how to apply, timelines, how to search, resources, etc.) that can be emailed or placed on Blackboard. The attached digital flier is also a great way to spread the word. Thank you for your support!
• This academic year, more than $500,000 was disbursed in 460+ individual awards.
• 1200+ applications were received. In a macro-sense, students who apply have a one in three chance of winning an award.
• The average individual award payout totaled $1,100. Individual awards range from $50 to $7,000+.
• Average timeframe for a student to start and finish an application: 1.5 hours.
• Awards have various criteria which typically focus on merit, need, and a combination of such along with other qualifications. The Scholarship Portal is where students apply and learn more about the scholarships.
• Students can be auto-matched to awards and, in other cases, they need to apply specifically to opportunities in order to be considered.
• Students can schedule an appointment with the Scholarship Coordinator via EagleSUCCESS or direct any questions to the Foundation Scholarship Office by calling 395-5105 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Students can attend one of two Academic Success Center sessions of the workshop, “Scholarships, Scholarships, Scholarships,” on Thursday, November 19, at 9:30 am and Monday, December 7, at 2:30 pm to learn more.
• The Scholarship Coordinator is more than happy to make any brief classroom presentations to any faculty who are willing and is also very willing to meet with any departments or offices to provide an overview of the scholarship program.
Linked below is more information and the online application.
Information will be sent to department chairs and office directors for dissemination. Other marketing materials in digital or physical copies can be provided upon individual request. Thank you for assisting in supporting and honoring our wonderful students!
posted by groe [2020-11-11]
Garrett W. Roe, Scholarship Coordinator: (585) 395-5105 or email@example.com
Events & Activities