How to Access IT Help & Resources for the Transition to Remote Learning
As we get ready to transition to remote learning for the remainder of the semester and winter break, BITS wanted to share some information that will be helpful to you.
As we get ready to transition to remote learning for the remainder of the semester BITS wanted to share some information that will be helpful to you.
The IT Service Desk will be available to assist for the remainder of the semester and over Winter Break. The different ways you can get assistance are:
• Submit tickets, start a chat, or use the knowledge base in the IT Service Desk Portal (Linked Below)
• Call the IT Service Desk. Please listen carefully to the options so your call is directed to the appropriate team. Option 1 provides support 24/7.
• Resources for Going Remote Knowledge Base Category (Linked Below)
• Have a student that needs software or hardware to complete their work remotely? Have them fill out the Student Technology Request (Linked Below)
• Do you need software or hardware to complete your work remotely? Fill out the Faculty/Staff Classroom and Office Technology Resources Request (Linked Below)
BITS has also been hard at work making sure there are some options to help you access WiFi through the transition. Part of this work includes implementing Eduroam and Wi-Fi in some of our parking lots. Eduroam is the global roaming wireless access service that you can use all over the world. There is a link below to United States Eduroam connectors that show where you can access Eduroam. Many SUNY Schools are now actively participating in Eduroam. The SUNY Brockport directions for connecting to Eduroam on the Brockport campus or another campus can be found in the Eduroam Wireless Network Connection Instructions Article (Linked Below).
In addition to Eduroam, SUNY Brockport’s campus does have WiFi in several parking lots as well. WiFi can be found in lots D-1, N, N-1, T, and V. Look for the “ParkingLot” in your Wi-Fi settings when connecting.
Thank you for doing your part to #ProtectTheNest and remember, BITS is here to help!
posted by kperlman [2020-11-20]
IT Service Desk: (585) 395-5151 (Option 1)