Wed, Dec 12, 2018 — 4:57 am
Financial Specialist Employment Opportunity
The College at Brockport
The College at Brockport seeks a Financial Specialist to join our Budget Office team. Reporting to the College’s Director of Budgeting, this professional position will be responsible for various budget related tasks. This position will also support the Assistant Vice President for Finance and Management through completion of various other financial tasks.
• Input all journal transfers into the financial system as needed including managing the monthly recharges.
• Maintain the accuracy of the various salary pools (adjunct, GA/TA, faculty and staff) including updating position authorizations/distributions, entering payroll journals, monitoring the accuracy of extra service expenses and making adjustments, and completing payroll reporting.
• Perform tasks related to the development, submission, monitoring, and reporting of the College’s various operating budgets including account reconciliation and monitoring of various accounts, reviewing accounts on a monthly basis, and assisting with year-end financial reporting and close-out.
• Process all Critic Teacher and Social Work waivers and complete the required related reporting.
• Provide training and assistance to departmental account managers.
• Serve as backup for departmental deposits.
• Assist with various projects of Budget and Finance and Management including office records retention, engaging in process improvements to create efficiencies, and performing other financial analysis and ad hoc reporting.
Bachelor’s degree by time of appointment from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education recognized accrediting organization; minimum of two years, full-time paid employment experience in accounting, financial analysis, or organizational budgeting; experience working with budgets or other finances; experience independently preparing financial reports; experience reconciling accounts, and a demonstrated high proficiency using Microsoft Excel; experience working with computerized financial systems as well as possess an ability to work independently and as part of a team; and, excellent oral and written communication skills and exceptional attention to detail.
Higher education experience.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York, serves a diverse student body of over 7,100 undergraduate and 1,100 graduate students enrolled in 50 undergraduate majors and more than 50 masters’ programs, teacher certification programs and advanced graduate certificates supported by more than 750 instructional faculty and professional staff. The College is an inclusive learning community that inspires excellence through growth, engagement, and transformation. Located in western New York, the College benefits from a small town atmosphere located near major metropolitan cities; 16 miles west of Rochester, 45 miles east of Buffalo, and 140 miles from Toronto.
Salary and Benefits
Competitive salary commensurate with experience. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurances, healthcare and dependent care savings accounts, life insurance, retirement, and generous paid time off.
How to Apply
Review of application materials will begin immediately and materials will continue to be accepted until the position is filled. For consideration, please apply at jobs.brockport.edu. Please complete the application and attach your cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are part of an academic community committed to fostering integrity, civility, and justice. We affirm that the dignity of our Brockport community is protected when free speech, academic freedom and individual rights are expressed within a climate of civility and mutual respect. Striving to learn from each other, we value human diversity because it enriches our lives and it is fundamental to the College’s commitment to teaching, learning, scholarship and service leading to student success.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.