Wed, Jan 23, 2019 — 11:17 pm
Mail and Parcel Delivery — Plan Now for the College Shutdown Period
To ensure that faculty, staff, and student time-sensitive mail needs are met, the services detailed below will be offered:
1. Campus deliveries will not take place, for Mailing Services or Central Receiving, during the two-week shutdown period. We encourage interested individuals and/or departments to pick up sorted United States Postal Mail at the Mailing Services area on the ground floor of the Allen Administration Building.
• Mail pick-up will be available between the hours of 10 am until 11 am on the following dates:
Tuesday, December 18
Friday, December 21
Wednesday, December 26
Friday, December 28
• Entrance to the Allen Administration Building will be available at the back loading dock door during the above dates and times.
• Central Receiving will not be open during the shutdown.
2. Outgoing Mail Options:
• As a result of temperature-sensitive equipment not being operational, we are not able to offer the metering of outgoing mail during this time period.
• All time-sensitive outgoing mail and parcels must be delivered to Mailing Services or Central Receiving no later than 2 pm on Friday, December 14.
• During the shutdown period, pre-stamped outgoing mail may be dropped off at Mailing Services for delivery to the Post Office. This service will be available only on the dates outlined above.
• For individual, urgent off-campus mailings, departments may purchase stamps and/or drop off packages at a US Post Office branch using a Citibank Procurement Card as the preferred method of payment.
Mailing Services and Central Receiving will reopen for full services on January 2 at 7:30 am.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact John Carlson at 395-2980 or email@example.com with Mailing Services questions and Steven Sheffield at 395-2407 or firstname.lastname@example.org with Central Receiving questions.