Thu, Jan 24, 2019 — 12:06 am
Employment Opportunity – Facilities Operations Assistant 1 (Laborer) - Stores
Starting Salary: $30,632
To be an eligible candidate for this position you must meet all of the Minimum Qualifications listed below.
Performs Office Assistant 1-Stores/Mail functions in both Central Stores and Central Receiving. Incumbents in these positions spend most of their work time performing activities related to mail receipt, mail distribution, storage, and stores keeping.
• Fulfills housekeeping orders.
• Stocks and restocks shelves.
• Loads and unloads supplies.
• Inspects orders for accuracy when received in Central Receiving and Central Stores prior to stocking or releasing to employees.
• Enters data on the computer.
• Provides front counter service.
• Moves items to and from storerooms and/or warehouses and maintains storage areas.
• Operates motor driven equipment such as forklift, pallet jack, dollies and hand trucks.
• Picks up and delivers items.
• Receives and ships campus packages.
• Possesses a valid New York State Driver’s License appropriate for the type of vehicle operated.
• Operates hand-held scanners for deliveries.
• Lifts up to 50 lbs.
• Uses good interpersonal skills and communicates well with others.
Labor Class: There are no education or experience qualifications for this class. Applicants must be physically able to perform the tasks of the position and be able to understand and carry out written or oral instructions. When required to operate motor vehicles, incumbents must possess a valid New York State driver's license appropriate for the type of vehicle being operated.
How to apply:
Please submit your application, cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references at www.jobs.brockport.edu by January 18, 2019.
Employment at The College at Brockport is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and final budgetary approval.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at email@example.com.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.