Thu, Jan 24, 2019 — 12:07 am
Employment Opportunity – Print Equipment Operator 1 – Printing Services
Starting Salary: $30,632
To be an eligible candidate for this position you must meet all of the Minimum Qualifications listed below.
The Print Equipment Operator 1 (Digital) for Print and Mail Services performs the light manufacturing work needed for the production of documents, stationary and commercial print products. Such work may consist of, but is not limited to the set up and operation of digital printing presses, programmable guillotine paper cutters, folders, scoring machines, drills and saddle stitching equipment. Work also includes supply and inventory functions and the ability to carry up to 60# cartons of paper and envelopes. Supporting work functions include keyboarding (Electronic file set up using Fiery Command Workstation software), document preparation tasks; answering telephone, completing forms, assisting campus clients, mail room support when needed, and performing other related activities needed in the manufacturing of quality print media materials.
• This is a hands on production floor position manufacturing print media materials in a light manufacturing work environment.
• Works with CMYK color space; evaluates and adjusts production color via a software interface.
• Works with Adobe Acrobat Pro and a print job management system such as Fiery Command Workstation software.
• Operates production color digital presses like those manufactured by industry leaders such as Ricoh, Xerox and Cannon.
• Operates digital production bindery machines like those manufactured by industry leaders such as Duplo, Morgana and Baum.
• Works with fine printing paper grades and specifications.
• Answers questions from and provides information to various parties regarding department activities, workflow and procedures. Refers inquires to supervisors as necessary.
• Operates various communication systems such as telephones and computers; and keep records of such communications.
• Performs routine processing activities; checks print projects for completeness and accuracy.
• Contacts various internal and external parties to obtain information.
• Gathers and compiles data for reports, graphs, charts, tables or other products.
• Performs various office tasks such as scanning documents, and verifying accuracy of data from scanned documents.
• Maintains record and filing systems.
• Maintains, updates, and corrects records and files.
• Receives, screens, reviews, and verifies documents and forms.
• Packages completed jobs and prepares them for campus delivery.
• Receives, unloads, unpacks, sorts, stores, counts, and distributes goods received by the office following established procedure.
• Keeps workspace, shelves and stock clean, neat and in proper order.
Candidates must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position.
• Sound mechanical aptitude and problem solving skills both with hardware and software in a print production environment.
• Experience in light manufacturing environment in the digital printing or graphic arts industry.
• Trade school certification in the Graphic Arts or related work experience with digital production color equipment.
How to apply
Please submit your application, cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references at www.jobs.brockport.edu by January 18, 2019.
Employment at The College at Brockport is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and final budgetary approval.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.