Thu, Jan 24, 2019 — 12:09 am
Employment Opportunity – Library Clerk 2 – Brockport Campus
To be an eligible candidate for this position you must meet all of the Minimum Qualifications listed below.
This Library Clerk 2 position serves in the library at the circulation desk. This position will work, Monday through Friday, 7:30a-3:30p. Hours are subject to adjustment during holidays, breaks, and summer sessions.
• Unlocks the building and completes daily library opening procedures.
• Answers questions and directs patrons to appropriate staff members and resources.
• Checks out and returns all forms of circulating library items.
• Serves in the role of backup for Course Reserves materials processing.
• Trains student workers.
• Processes payments for fines, fees, lost materials, and print cards.
• Processes daily departmental deposits, credit card reconciliation, and yearly IFR in accordance with college policy.
• Serves in the role of Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard Compliance backup for Drake Library;
• Issues courtesy cards and enters new patrons into library system.
• Adds and removes Banner blocks for lost or damaged materials.
• Participates in departmental workflow redesign, cross-training, and other projects.
Candidates must have permanent appointment in a Library Clerk 2, SG-09, NY State classified position (or be eligible for transfer) or be reachable for appointment on the current NY State Civil Service eligible list(s) for Library Clerk 2, Full Time, Brockport location.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to customer service
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to work in a diverse environment
• Ability to lift 25 pounds
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365
• Working knowledge of current library technologies
• Experience providing training and feedback to student employees
• Ability to work accurately completing departmental deposits
How to apply
Please submit your application, cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references at jobs.brockport.edu by January 18, 2019.
Employment at The College at Brockport is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and final budgetary approval.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at email@example.com.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.