Thu, Jan 24, 2019 — 12:09 am
Employment Opportunity – Library Clerk 2 – Part-Time – REOC - Learning Resource Center
To be an eligible candidate for this position you must meet all of the Minimum Qualifications listed below.
This is a part-time evening, Monday - Thursday, 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm position. This position provides support to the circulation desk and its customers.
• Provides service to walk-up, e-mail and telephone patrons; and assists general directional questions.
• Processes, organizes and maintains library materials.
• Investigates and follows-up with overdue book accounts, missing material, and Banner blocks.
• Manages, processes, and maintains reserve processes.
• Assists in the continual improvement and correction of procedures for the library.
• Provides computer assistance to all patrons.
• Coordinates workshops, test proctoring, registrations, and other Learning Resource Center/Library activities.
• Orders and maintains supplies for the Learning Resource Center
Must have permanent appointment in a Library Clerk 2 classified position (or be eligible for transfer) or be reachable for appointment on the current NY State Civil Service canvass list for Library Clerk 2 – Part-Time - Rochester location.
• Uses Microsoft Office with ease, particularly Excel.
• Is able to learn new software and keep current technologically.
• Is proficient at problem solving and troubleshooting.
• Maintains high attention to detail.
• Works well independently.
• Maintains motivation, even during repetitive tasks.
• Is highly organized.
How to apply:
Please submit your application, cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references at jobs.brockport.edu by January 18, 2019.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.