Statement of Objectives:
In a well-developed essay of 500 to 800 words, please submit a statement of your objectives for undertaking graduate study and of your plans for a professional or scholarly career. Comment on your past work and experiences as they relate to this field of study.
- Describe your motivation for pursuing a graduate degree in the field of professional education. Be sure to specify reasons for selecting your particular specialization interest.
- Describe personal characteristics you possess that will enhance your contributions as an educator.
- Describe experiences in your life that have reinforced your desire to become a teacher. (Experience with children is of great importance.) This is required for initial certification applicants and is optional for all others.
- Describe why you believe that you are able to successfully complete graduate-level academic work. If you have less than a 3.0 GPA, you must thoroughly support essay explanations and claims of evidence.
Please submit your most up to date resume.
Test Scores (College Code: 2537)
Applicants applying to programs leading to teacher certification must submit one of the following:
- Proof of passing the edTPA (submit TEACH screen shot to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- GRE test scores (school code 2537)
- Miller Analogies Test (MAT) test scores
Refer to our programs requiring edTPA, GRE or MAT document to confirm which programs require test scores.
Proof of NYS Initial Certification
Currently certified teachers or soon to be certified teachers must submit proof of your NYS initial teaching certificate. Applicants unable to provide such proof at the time of application must hold the appropriate teaching certificate before beginning graduate study. Please email your NYS Initial Certification to email@example.com
Questions / Need More Information:
Check out our How to Apply Page