Main Page Content
Library Services for Alumni
Alumni of SUNY Brockport retain limited borrowing privileges at Drake Memorial Library.
Summary of Privileges
|Patron Type||Must be 18 or older?||Annual Fee||Expiration||Regular Loan Items||Media||Borrowing Limits||Printing Privileges||Off-Campus Access to Databases||Interlibrary Loan Privileges|
|College Alumni||N/A||No||N/A- Daily Verification of Alumni status against Campus Banner System||14 Day Loan||7 Day Loan||20 Regular + 5 Media||ǂ None - See Below||* Limited - See Below||None|
*Our agreements prohibit remote access to licensed research databases to individuals other than current students, faculty, and staff of SUNY Brockport.
ǂ Alumni, Community Users, and other Guest Patrons do not have printing privileges at the Drake Memorial Library. Staff are encouraged to use their judgement for small printing requests on a case-by-case basis. Patrons with larger print jobs may be directed to the public library and/or the UPS Store in Brockport for printing services.
Borrowing Materials from Drake Library
College Alumni are eligible for a Courtesy Card. Alumni must first have a Banner ID number must also provide a valid form of ID and proof of current address to obtain a Courtesy Card.
Courtesy Cards expire one year from the date of issue. Alumni users are subject to all rules and regulations pertaining to the use of library materials, including those relating to recalled books, fines and charges for lost materials. Borrowers who do not pay such fines and charges will be blocked from further circulation privileges until such fines are paid.
If the alumnus does not have a Banner ID number, they can obtain one by first contacting the Office of Alumni Engagement at (585) 395-2068 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Once the alumnus has the Banner ID number, they may return to the library and re-apply for a Courtesy Card.
Databases Available to Alumni
Subscription Databases via SUNY Brockport
- Academic Search Alumni Edition
- Academic Search Alumni Edition is designed for the research needs of the post-college professional. The database provides full text for more than 3,350 journals as well as indexing and abstracting for more than 8,200 journals. The database offers information in nearly every area of academic study including biology, chemistry, engineering, physics, psychology, religion & theology, and more. Academic Search Alumni Edition also includes valuable peer-reviewed full text journals, offering critical information from many sources.
- Business Source® Alumni Edition
- Business Source® Alumni Edition is designed for the research needs of the post-college professional. The database provides 1,450 full text business magazines and journals, of which over 750 are peer-reviewed. This database includes publications in nearly every area of business. Business Source Alumni Edition includes full text sources ranging from general periodicals to trade publications and top management journals. Additional full text sources include country economic reports, industry reports, market research reports, company profiles and more.
Subscription Databases available to NYS Residents
- Academic One File
- Contains peer-reviewed, full-text articles from the world's leading journals and reference sources.
- Health Reference Center Academic
- Full text of nursing and allied health journals, plus a variety of personal health information sources.
- InfoTrac Newsstand
- This full-text newspaper database has several New York Newspapers including the New York Times from 1995 on, and over 1,000 major U.S. regional, national, and local newspapers.
- More databases
- More databases are available through Novel New York, the New York Public Library or New York State Library.