How to Join a Fraternity or Sorority?
Fraternities and sororities have high academic standards for their membership. All undergraduate students at SUNY Brockport are eligible and encourages to participate in recruitment. Students interested must maintain a 2.50 cumulative GPA and must have completed at least 12 matriculated credit hours at Brockport before being eligible to join. Transfers with at least 12 transferable credits and a minimum 2.8 GPA may appeal these guidelines in writing via email to Student Union & Activities.
Benefits of membership:
- Strong support network for chapters from the College and their National/International affiliation.
- Membership in the Greek Community.
- Positive leadership opportunities.
- Scholarship and participation in the Order of Omega Honor Society.
- Opportunities for involvement in philanthropic and service events.
The recruitment process begins on the 7th day of classes each semester. Contact each chapter directly at the links on the left to learn more about their upcoming recruitment events.
If you would like more information about Fraternity and Sorority Life at SUNY Brockport please contact Student Union & Activities at (585) 395-5646 or e-mail us.