Main Page Content
"For me, this award is the culmination of everything that I have been working towards, it is a re affirmation to moving in my purpose and continuing to serve with the same enthusiasm and empathy that Marion Schrank lead with in her time here. Thank you to everyone who has motivate me along the way and I hope that you all feel just as inspired as I am to leave your mark and pave the way for the next generation of servant leaders."
- Serenity Lovett '21
Application Deadline: Monday, February 21, 2022 by 11:59pm
Each year, the selection committee seeks applications from students who meet the following criteria:
- Undergraduate student with a minimum of 3.25 cumulative grade point average
- 54 completed credit hours at the end of the fall semester
- Record of exemplary leadership, scholastic achievement and a commitment to the College community through various modes of involvement, including campus organizations, leadership positions, peer mentorship, engaged learning, and community service.
- Demonstrated commitment to citizenship and the creation of an inclusive Brockport community
- A current copy of your resume
- An essay of no more than two pages responding to the following prompt:
- How have your experiences shaped your growth as a leader and allowed you to impact your community? In what ways have you demonstrated a commitment to inclusivity on campus? How has COVID-19 contributed to your development as a leader this year? What have you done as a leader to Protect the Nest?
- Two to Three Letters of Recommendation
- Applications are accepted from students detailing leadership experience and commitment to creating a better Brockport community.
- A campus selection committee reviews the applications and offers interviews to approximately five finalists.
- Feedback from the campus committee will be utilized by the Vice President for Enrollment Management and Student Affairs to determine the winner and runner-up.
- The recipient and runner-up will be recognized by the College during the Annual Student Leadership Awards Ceremony on Monday, April 25, 2022.. The recipient will be asked to give a 5- to 10-minute speech to close the ceremony.
If you have any questions regarding this award, please contact the Office of Community Development at email@example.com or (585) 395-5245.
"Receiving the Marion Schrank award was very special to me because for me it represented the growth that I had gone through throughout my four years. Receiving the award was a wonderful celebration of my journey at Brockport that brought with it many opportunities to learn and grow as a leader and as a person."
— Katelyn Demskie '20