At the Office of Prevention & Outreach Services, we strive to make health contagious. Evidence and theory-based practices are used to assist students in developing and maintaining healthy behaviors, skills, and attitudes that enhance personal development, academic success, and campus/community well-being.
Prevention and Outreach Services staff support this mission by:
- Assessing student health and development needs and addressing them appropriately
- Encouraging student responsibility for individual and community well-being
- Engaging actively with student leaders and organizations
- Facilitating individual and group education and skill building sessions
- Providing opportunities for leadership, advocacy, and development
- Creating a health-promoting normative environment
- Developing and maintaining campus/community coalitions and collaborative relationships
Ultimately, Prevention and Outreach Services staff strive to create an environment where the healthiest decision is the easiest decision!