Can I have anyone help me move-in?
Yes! There are no restrictions for move-in help. However, non-vaccinated students and guests are expected to wear a face covering and practice social distancing.
What date/time can I arrive to campus for the Spring 2022 term?
For the most updated schedule with move-in dates, please visit Move In Checklist: Spring 2022
- What is the residence hall/student townhome guest policy?
Guests (any non-licensee) must abide by all College rules, regulations, and policies. All guests are expected to be fully COVID-19 Vaccinated. Guests must provide a valid photo identification that includes their date of birth. Between the hours of 7pm – 7am, overnight guests must be signed into a residential facility. Overnight guests must be at least 17 years old, unless otherwise approved. Current high school students, regardless of age, are prohibited from staying overnight, unless participating in an approved, College-sponsored program. Licensees are responsible (financially and otherwise) for the behavior of their guests. Licensees must be present during the guest’s entire visit. No guest may remain overnight more than two (2) nights in any given seven (7) day period without prior approval from the Resident Director. Once a guest has stayed two (2) nights, they must wait another seven (7) days before staying overnight again. Overnight guests must have the verbal permission of all residents assigned to the room and must sign in at the front desk (with the Resident Assistant or Night Desk Attendant). If a licensee and guest leave the building at any time, they must sign-out. If they return, they must sign back in. The College reserves the right to deny access to any guest in keeping with the terms and conditions of The On-Campus Housing License. Licensees may sign in up to two (2) guests but the following maximum occupancies apply:
- Corridor style rooms: 5 maximum occupants (2 occupants +3 guests max)
- 3 person suites: 6 maximum occupants (3 occupants + 3 guests max)
- 4 person suites: 7 maximum occupants (4 occupants + 3 guests max)
- 5 person suites: 9 maximum occupants (5 occupants + 4 guests max)
- 6 person suites: 10 maximum occupants (6 occupants + 4 guests max)
- Eagle Hall: 5 maximum occupants (2 occupants +3 guests max)
- Student Townhome: 16 maximum occupants (4 occupants + 6 guests max)
- I'm a new residential student. How do I sign the Housing License prior to my arrival?
If you are Over the Age of 18
You will be asked to sign your housing contract through the online housing portal.
If you are Under the Age of 18
- Why should I include my parent/guardian email address in my housing information? Communication and transparency are important to us. SUNY Brockport knows parents are essential partners in student success. Messages sent to a parent/guardian email will relate to important notifications and/or updates to on campus housing. Students are required to submit an email address. This email address can be updated at any time by signing into the housing portal and clicking "Student Information" on the left-hand navigation.
- Can I use kitchens and lounges in the residence halls/student townhomes?
Yes! The kitchens and lounges will be open 24/7 and will have posted signs for capacity limits. These spaces are cleaned and disinfected regularly.
- What should I bring with me while living on campus?
A complete list of suggested items to pack can be found here. However, students are encouraged to limit the amount of belongings they bring to campus.
In addition, students are required to bring:
- Hand sanitizer
- Face coverings
- Sanitizing wipes
- A thermometer
When arriving to campus, students do not need to plug in all appliances immediately. Students should communicate with their roommate and/or suitemates in advance. Students are required to store any personal belongings in their living space, including appliances that are not plugged in.
- How can I find out more details about the North Campus Revitalization Project?
The North Campus Revitalization Project will create new, accessible ways of getting around campus, make needed improvements to infrastructure such as pipes and conduits, and add green space that will beautify the college. More information can be found here.
- If I have a specific question, who can I reach out to? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call either (585) 395-2122 or (585) 395-2108.