Video by: Meghan Finnerty / Story by: John Follaco
4 Things You Need to Know Before Orientation
Find out how to prepare, what to bring, and when to arrive.
1. Complete your Course Preference Survey
As an incoming first-year student, a team of experienced faculty advisors develops your first-semester schedule for you. This guarantees that your schedule is appropriate and meeting necessary degree requirements. You will receive your fall semester schedule this summer at Golden Eagle Orientation. To make sure your schedule is ready to go, complete the Course Preference Survey in Web Banner before your orientation session.
2. Download the Corq App
You can view and access your orientation schedule on your Android or iOS device:
- Visit the app store and download the Corq app
- Under campus search, find “SUNY College at Brockport”
- Sign in with your NetID and password
Having trouble with your NetID and password? Contact the IT Help Desk at (585) 395-5151, option 1.
3. Arrival time and location
Check-in is from 9:30 am until noon in McFarlane Hall. Plan accordingly to allow enough time to check in and receive necessary information before the Welcome begins at 12:30 pm. After check-in, lunch is provided for students in Brockway Dining Hall from 11 am until 12:15 pm.
4. The essentials
You’ll want to be sure to bring the following with you to Golden Eagle Orientation:
- A copy of your immunization records. Health Center staff will be available to collect your records at check-in. Visit the Health Center website for requirement details.
- Photo ID
- Comfortable shoes
- A reusable water bottle
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Pillows and sheets (twin, extra long) or sleeping bag (linens are NOT provided)
- Towels and toiletries (soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, hair dryer, etc.)
- A fan, if the weather is hot (residence halls are not air conditioned)